Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Choosing the Cover, Track Order, and Editing

We've spent the last couple of nights on the phone with our photographer, Lauren, choosing which shots will go on the packaging for the album. It was difficult as there were many, many lovely shots to choose from. After a fair amount of discussion, we settled on certain shots, not always the expected ones. We had certain ideas about how the cover especially was going to look, but Lauren came in with some nice ideas of her own and what we ended up choosing is a really nice marriage of the two. I think it's going to be a unique and interesting cover that will raise a few eyebrows. You will see it here soon, I promise!

In the meantime, I have been editing the next episodes of The Making of Somniloquy. We hope you liked the first one. Thank you for taking the time to view it. I'm getting the hang of Adobe Premiere now, but I'm also thinking of jumping over to Final Cut. I get the feeling that once you understand one, you understand the other. It's funny that we can know music editing software so well and be so bloody ignorant about adding the video element. It is so much fun, though, and I am chomping at the bit each day to get back to the computer and mess around with these clips. It is making me dream about video ideas for these new songs. I have grand schemes that I need to learn how to turn into affordable and practical reality.

I woke up on Sunday with the distinct feeling we'd gotten the track order wrong for the album. The first and last songs need to be flipped, I think. I'm going to consult with some sages but in the end I think I need to trust my gut on this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home